Health Tip: Teach Kids In-Line Skating Safety03/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- In-line skating can help children have fun
while getting a great aerobic workout that helps strengthen
muscles. But it's important that they follow safety guidelines to
The American Academy of Pediatrics lists these safety rules for
children using in-line skates:
- Dress in protective gear when skating.
- Maintain control when skating and make sure you allow enough
room to stop safely.
- When on a path, skate on the right side and use the left only
- Don't skate in areas where pavement is uneven or there is heavy
- Always yield to pedestrians and follow all traffic rules.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.