Health Tip: Childproof the Laundry Area03/12/13
(HealthDay News) -- The laundry room can be a potentially
dangerous place for young children, but taking precautions can help
reduce the risk of accidents.
The American Academy of Pediatrics lists these laundry room
- Store all laundry products in original packaging with labels
- Always follow all instructions on laundry products and become
familiar with the safety information.
- Never mix laundry detergent with household cleaners or ammonia,
as those may produce harmful fumes.
- Store all laundry products (especially those in spray bottles)
in a high, locked cabinet out of reach of children -- never on top
of the washer or dryer.
- Properly dispose of laundry containers and do not reuse them;
promptly and thoroughly clean up spills and wash hands after
touching laundry products.
- Keep the laundry room door closed and locked to keep children
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.