Health Tip: Seniors, Be Prepared for Dental Visits03/12/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you're a senior, make the most of each
dental visit by preparing a list of questions to ask to maintain
good dental health.
The American Dental Association lists these tips to help you
prepare for your dentist appointment:
- Make a list of all of your medications, and be sure to include
both prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbal
- Make a list of all your allergies and medical conditions.
- Write down phone numbers and contact information for all your
other doctors, health care providers and any previous dentists you
- Bring a list of emergency medical contacts, who may be required
to make medical decisions on your behalf if there is an
- Bring your Medicaid and/or dental insurance cards.
- Bring your dentures or partials to the visit, even if you're
not currently wearing them.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.