Health Tip: Broil Fish for a Healthy Dinner03/14/13
(HealthDay News) -- Broiling is a healthy way to cook fish that
also provides great flavor. If you haven't broiled before, a few
basic tips can help you broil your fish to perfection.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these tips for
broiling delicious, healthy fish.
- Understand how the technique works -- broiling is basically
like grilling food upside down, since the heat comes from above the
food instead of below it.
- Use aluminum foil to line a baking dish, and spray it with
- Place the fish in the dish, skin side down.
- Slide the baking dish into the oven about 5 inches away from
- Fish should appear flaky and opaque when done; test it with a
food thermometer to make sure it has reached an internal
temperature of 145 degrees.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.