Health Tip: Take Care of Mold Problems03/18/13
(HealthDay News) -- Promptly and thoroughly cleaning up mold can
help prevent health problems associated with breathing contaminated
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency lists these suggestions
for properly cleaning up mold:
- Promptly take care of any plumbing leaks or problems with the
walls; make sure anything that gets wet is thoroughly dried.
- Use detergent and water to scrub mold off of any surfaces; make
sure to dry them thoroughly.
- Consider throwing away porous materials such as carpet or
ceiling tiles that have gotten wet, because it can be difficult to
completely remove mold.
- Limit your exposure to the mold when cleaning it up.
- Do not paint or caulk over moldy areas.
- Consider consulting a specialist to clean up mold in
challenging areas or on valuable items.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.