Health Tip: Avoid Too Much Activity Before Bedtime03/19/13
(HealthDay News) -- Your behavior and activities before bedtime
can affect how well you're sleeping at night.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers suggestions for better
- Don't drink alcohol within at least four hours of bedtime.
- Cut out all caffeine at least four hours before bedtime.
- Stop eating spicy, heavy foods at least four hours before
- Don't exercise heavily at least two hours before bedtime.
- In the hour before bedtime, avoid activities such as watching
TV, playing video games or having in an argument.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.