Health Tip: Work Your Muscles While Gardening03/19/13
(HealthDay News) -- Gardening is an enjoyable way to get
physical activity and tone your muscles.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to tone up while
working in the garden:
- Start off slowly to avoid soreness and injury.
- Work in your garden for 30 minutes to an hour at a time at
least three times per week.
- Turn your compost pile and pull weeds by hand to work your
upper body muscles.
- Use hoeing and raking to strengthen your upper body and
- Dig in the dirt to work your thigh muscles.
- Use a push mower to get in a cardiovascular workout.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.