Health Tip: Stay Busy When Quitting Smoking03/20/13
(HealthDay News) -- When you're trying to quit smoking, it can
be tough to resist the urge to turn to food when you're trying to
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these suggestions
to help curb weight gain when quitting smoking:
- Keep your hands busy by drawing, knitting or doing
- Try to cut back on your caffeine intake, as it's often
associated with smoking.
- Get plenty of sleep so you feel rested.
- Instead of taking a cigarette break, go for a brisk walk.
- Have plenty of healthy, convenient foods on hand for snacking,
such as low-fat dairy foods.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.