Health Tip: Ease the Pain of Muscle Cramps03/27/13
(HealthDay News) -- When muscle cramps strike, there are things
you can do to ease the pain and get moving again.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
- Take a break from whatever activity triggered the cramp.
- Gently and slowly stretch the cramped muscle, holding the
position until the cramp eases.
- Gently massage the cramp.
- If muscles are tight and tense, apply heat.
- If muscles are sore and tender, apply ice.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.