Health Tip: How to Safely Store Eggs04/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Practicing good food safety rules is just as
important with eggs as it is with meat.
The U.S. government's Food Safety and Inspection Service lists
these suggestions to help you select and store eggs properly:
- Only purchase eggs that have been stored in a refrigerated
- Check to be sure that your eggs are not cracked or dirty.
- Make sure the eggs are not past their expiration date when you
- Choose only eggs with the USDA grade shield.
- Store eggs in the refrigerator as soon as you get home.
- Place eggs in the coldest part of the refrigerator, never in
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.