Health Tip: Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy04/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Leg cramps are common during pregnancy,
particularly at night while you're trying to sleep.
The Womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help soothe leg
cramps during pregnancy:
- Practice gentle stretches on the cramping muscles.
- Engage in light, mild exercise.
- Flex your foot in the forward position.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium.
- Ask your doctor about taking calcium supplements.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.