Health Tip: Promote Fine Motor Skills in Preschoolers04/17/13
(HealthDay News) -- By 3 years of age, children should master
concentration skills and the muscle control necessary to make
precise movements with their fingers.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents can help achieve
these milestones by letting their children:
- Play with building blocks.
- Put together simple jigsaw puzzles of four to five pieces.
- Practice with pegboards, or placing large beads onto
- Practice pouring a container of water into cups or other
containers of different sizes.
- Use chalk or crayons to color.
- Build sandcastles.
- Practice buttoning, zipping, lacing and snapping on large
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.