Health Tip: Some Fats Are Healthier04/18/13
(HealthDay News) -- Including healthier fats in your daily diet
can offer many benefits. They're found in fatty fish, nuts, seeds,
avocados, vegetable oils and more.
The University of Michigan Health System says the benefits of
these healthier fats in limited quantities include:
- They're rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and
- They can assist the body in absorbing essential nutrients such
as fat-soluble vitamins from foods.
- They can offer protection against chronic conditions including
heart disease, diabetes, cancer, inflammatory conditions and
- The can help manage high blood pressure, inflammation and high
- In the form of omega-3 fatty acids, they can help promote
healthy brain growth and development.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.