Health Tip: Resolve to Meet Your Exercise Goals04/19/13
(HealthDay News) -- Don't sit idly by as your New Year's
resolutions about exercise slip away with the passing months.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how you can meet your
fitness goals all year long:
- Make sure your goals are attainable and realistic, and that you
include short-term goals.
- Resolve to make a series of small changes that add up to big
- Be specific. Instead of resolving to exercise more, plan on a
particular activity on certain days of the week.
- Make sure your goals are based on your personal, strong desire
to make changes for yourself, not someone else.
- Get creative in finding ways to exercise, such as walking more
- Plan for obstacles, and remember to reward yourself when you
- Create a support system to help you stick with your goals.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.