Health Tip: Understanding Heel Pain04/22/13
(HealthDay News) -- When your heel starts to hurt, even walking
can be difficult and incredibly painful.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says possible causes
of heel pain include:
- Heel spurs, which are bony growths that develop on the
- Inflammation of the fascia, known as plantar fasciitis.
- Excessive pronation, or inward tilt of the foot as you
- Achilles tendinitis, in which the tendon at the back of the
foot becomes inflamed.
- A deformity, injury or chronic disease, such as rheumatoid
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.