Health Tip: Pack Healthier Tailgating Snacks04/25/13
(HealthDay News) -- Tailgating before a sporting event is a fun
way to celebrate, but the food is usually packed with fat and
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these tips for
enjoying healthier tailgating fare:
- Serve baked/whole-grain pita chips, carrots or celery with
- Make a yogurt-based vegetable dip with fresh cut veggies.
- Make whole-grain tortilla rollups with black beans, avocado,
salsa and low-fat cheese.
- Dig into a whole-wheat pasta salad tossed with low-fat cheese,
olives, cucumbers and low-fat dressing.
- Pack sandwiches made with whole-grain bread, lean meat, tomato,
onion, spinach and low-fat dressing.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.