Health Tip: Enjoy More Herbs and Seasonings04/26/13
(HealthDay News) -- Adding herbs and seasonings to your diet can
spice up your meals without adding fat, calories or salt.
The University of Michigan Health System offers these
suggestions for using herbs and spices in your diet:
- Store herbs and spices in a cool, dry spot; store green herbs
out of direct exposure to sunlight.
- Add fresh herbs into salads, soups and sauces for added
- When adding whole spices such as cloves, bay leaves or cumin,
add at the start of cooking time.
- To boost flavor, crumble dried herbs just before using
- Enjoy hot peppers to perk up foods; remove seeds to turn down
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.