Health Tip: After a Stressful Event04/29/13
(HealthDay News) -- A stressful event can leave you feeling worn
out, anxious and, perhaps, unable to cope.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests
ways to care for yourself and keep your stress in check:
- Don't turn to alcohol or abuse drugs to escape.
- Ask for help and advice from friends, family, doctors,
counselors or a religious leader.
- Don't isolate yourself; make an effort to spend time with
friends and loved ones.
- Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise and get enough
- Treat yourself to something relaxing, such as a massage.
- Stick to your usual routine as much as possible, and keep
yourself busy with activities such as volunteering or helping
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.