Health Tip: Make Microwave Cooking Safe05/01/13
(HealthDay News) -- Microwaving takes much of the time and
effort out of cooking, but the foodsafety.gov website reminds us
that we still need to heed these food-safety guidelines:
- Always follow the package instructions to avoid
- Check to see if the food needs to be completely cooked or just
- Follow instructions about stirring, covering and standing
- Check the package for advice on whether to use a conventional
oven or a microwave.
- Know the wattage of your microwave to make sure you are cooking
- Use a food thermometer.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.