Health Tip: Taking a Birthing Class05/07/13
(HealthDay News) -- Taking a birthing class can offer expectant
parents peace of mind and help them prepare for the birth of their
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for
- Check out a local hospital or birthing center to see if they
offer birthing classes.
- Sign up for a birthing class several months before your due
date, as they tend to fill up quickly.
- Make sure the instructors are qualified.
- Consider bringing to the class the support person who will be
with you during labor, whether it's your partner, sibling or
- In class, you will learn about strategies to help you during
labor, early signs of labor and how to control pain.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.