Health Tip: Enjoy a Safe Prom05/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Prom can be an unforgettable experience for
many teens, who have been planning for the big night for
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
suggestions for enjoying a safe and healthy prom:
- If you want to lose weight, leave enough time to lose it slowly
by exercising regularly and eating well.
- If you're using new cosmetics or hair products, read labels and
try them before prom night.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Don't stress yourself out about the prom's cost.
- Don't drink alcohol, and don't get into a car with anyone who
has been drinking.
- Say "no" to smoking, sex and drugs.
- Always wear a seat belt in the car.
- Make sure your guardians know where you will be at all times on
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.