Health Tip: Give Your Kitchen a Daily Cleaning05/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Any kitchen can be a breeding ground for
germs, so it's important to give yours a thorough cleaning every
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice:
- Using hot, soapy water, thoroughly clean the counter and other
work surfaces each day to clean spills and food particles.
- Keep non-food items such as mail, lunch bags and purses away
from the kitchen counter.
- Thoroughly wash the counter before preparing food.
- Make sure all dishes and cookware are thoroughly cleaned in
hot, soapy water and rinsed well.
- Frequently swap dish towels and rags for clean ones. Wash these
items in the hot cycle of your washing machine and thoroughly dry
- Wash sponges in a water/bleach solution or throw them
- Regularly clean appliances, including the inside of the
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.