Health Tip: Help Keep Teen Drivers Safe05/20/13
(HealthDay News) -- Parents of new drivers can breathe a bit
easier by setting safety rules for their teens.
The U.S. National Safety Council offers these suggestions:
- Limit your teen's driving time after dark; set a rule of no
driving after 10 p.m.
- Don't allow your teen to drive with a passenger under age 18
for the first year.
- Don't allow your teen to use a cell phone when driving.
- Don't allow your child to drink any amount of alcohol and
- Require that your teen wear a safety belt while driving.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.