Health Tip: Possible Causes of Dry Eye05/21/13
(HealthDay News) -- You produce tears to help keep your eyes
moist and protected from irritants. But dry eye can make your eyes
vulnerable and uncomfortable.
The National Eye Institute says possible causes of dry eye
- Certain medications, including birth control pills,
antidepressants, antihistamines and blood pressure drugs.
- Diseases of the eye or nearby skin.
- Damage to the eye, such as from chemical exposure.
- Health conditions, such as thyroid problems, allergies or
- Irritation caused by use of contact lenses, or after LASIK
- Pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy or some homeopathic
- Not blinking frequently enough during use of a computer
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.