Health Tip: Eat Right for Healthier Sight05/27/13
(HealthDay News) -- The right diet can help improve eye health
and ward off eye problems.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions these foods that
can help promote healthier eyes:
- Nutrient-rich kale, which can help protect against sunlight
damage, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Sweet potatoes, which are rich in beta carotene and may help
thwart macular degeneration.
- Strawberries, which are rich in vitamin C and may help reduce
the risk of cataracts.
- Omega-3 fatty acid-rich salmon, which can help manage dry eyes
and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Green tea, which is loaded with antioxidants and may help
protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.