Health Tip: What's Behind Bad Breath?05/28/13
(HealthDay News) -- Bad breath, also known as halitosis, should
be evaluated by a dentist to determine a possible cause and
The American Dental Association says potential causes
- Eating potent food, such as garlic or onions.
- Dieting excessively or not eating enough.
- Not brushing or flossing regularly to remove food particles
from the teeth and gums.
- Having gum disease.
- Having insufficient saliva to help wash away food
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Having a medical condition, such as liver or kidney problems, a
lung infection, diabetes or bronchitis.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.