Health Tip: Keep Kids Active During Summer Break06/04/13
(HealthDay News) -- Don't let kids waste summer break parked in
front of the TV. Instead, get them to exercise.
The American Council on Exercise suggests these fun summer
- Encourage kids to play sports such as soccer, basketball,
skateboarding or surfing.
- Sign your child up for a martial arts class to build strength,
coordination and mental stamina.
- Let your kids splash and swim all summer long in a pool or at
the beach. Sign them up for swim lessons if necessary.
- At the park or in the backyard, set up an obstacle course
packed with different challenges.
- Turn up the music and get your kids dancing.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.