Health Tip: Stay Healthier Throughout Pregnancy06/06/13
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to stay as healthy as
possible during pregnancy, since your health is directly related to
the health of your baby.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions for moms-to-be:
- Visit your doctor regularly for prenatal care.
- Gain an appropriate amount of weight. Don't try to shed pounds
- Eat a healthy, balanced, nutritious diet. Avoid ingredients
that could harm your baby, such as caffeine.
- Take vitamins or prenatal supplements (including folic acid) as
recommended by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking any
medications or supplements.
- Ask your doctor about whether it's safe to continue working,
have sex and exercise throughout pregnancy.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.