Health Tip: Prevent Furniture Tipping06/11/13
(HealthDay News) -- Kids seem to climb everywhere, including on
the furniture. To keep children safe, parents should make sure that
furniture and TVs are securely anchored.
The Safekids.org website offers these suggestions:
- Inspect every TV in your home for stability.
- If you have a flat-screen, mount it to the wall (following
manufacturer's instructions) instead of using a TV stand.
- If you have an older-style TV, make sure it is on a sturdy, low
piece of furniture.
- Secure top-heavy furniture to the wall using wall straps,
braces or brackets.
- Fit your dresser drawers with drawer stops so they cannot be
pulled all the way out; keep the heaviest items in the lowest
drawers and shelves.
- Don't place toys, food or remote controls on higher areas where
children are tempted to climb to reach them.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.