Health Tip: Bring Moisture Back to Dry Skin06/18/13
(HealthDay News) -- When skin is dry, itchy and flaky, giving it
some extra TLC can help restore its moisture and natural glow.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these suggestions to help prevent
or treat dry skin:
- Take showers or baths with lukewarm water, not hot water.
- Keep baths and showers to no more than 10 minutes.
- Immediately after you bathe or wash hands, apply a rich
- Use moisturizing hand soaps or body soaps.
- Apply a light lotion during summer. Heavier creams and
ointments may be used during winter.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.