Health Tip: When Your Child Has a Cold07/03/13
(HealthDay News) -- When your child is miserable with a cold,
there are things you can do to help the youngster feel better.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Use saltwater nose drops or saline nasal spray to ease nasal
- Run a cool-mist humidifier to increase moisture in the
- If your child's nose is raw and sore from wiping the nose,
apply a dab of petroleum jelly.
- Children older than age 3 may have hard candy or cough drops to
help tame a sore throat.
- Use a heating pad or a warm bath to comfort aches and
- Put your child in a steamy bathroom to help ease
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.