Health Tip: Check for Ticks07/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Ticks can spread Lyme disease and other
germs that can make you sick, so it's important to take measures to
help prevent tick bites.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this
- Within two hours of coming inside, take a bath or shower.
- Use a hand mirror to thoroughly check yourself from head to
- Carefully check children for ticks, looking in the ears, hair,
underarms, in the belly button, between the legs, behind the knees
and around the waist.
- Check any clothing and gear, as well as pets.
- Put clothing in the dryer on the hot setting for an hour to
kill ticks that may have lingered.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.