Health Tip: Easing Restless Legs Syndrome07/09/13
(HealthDay News) -- There are things you can do to ease symptoms
of restless leg syndrome -- characterized by the overwhelming
desire to move the legs. A person with RLS also typically has
sensations of tugging, throbbing, pulling or creeping of the
The U.S. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
mentions these remedies that may help ease symptoms:
- Limit use of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Take iron, magnesium and folate supplements.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Get regular, moderate exercise.
- Gently massage the legs.
- Heat the legs in a bath or with a heating pad.
- Apply an ice pack to the legs.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.