Health Tip: When You're Sleep-Deprived07/10/13
(HealthDay News) -- Sleep is essential for the well-being of
your entire body, including brain and emotional health.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions
these potential side effects of sleep deprivation:
- Difficulty making decisions.
- Difficulty with problem-solving.
- Difficulty adapting to significant change.
- Difficulty controlling emotions and behavior.
- Increased risk of depression, suicide or engaging in risky
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.