Health Tip: Get More Bang for Your Beans07/15/13
(HealthDay News) -- Beans are rich in fiber and full of valuable
nutrients, while largely void of fat and cholesterol.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to add beans
to your favorite recipes:
- Use black beans in dishes such as Cuban rice and beans, soups,
stews and tacos.
- Use cannellini, or white kidney beans, in your favorite Italian
side dishes, casseroles, salads, soups and stews.
- Add garbanzo beans in hummus, casseroles, stews, soups and
- Make a mixed-bean salad, chili, Cajun bean dishes, soups and
stews with red kidney beans.
- Make tofu, side dishes and soups with soybeans.
- Pinto beans can be added to stews and soups, or used to make
refried beans or Mexican rice and beans.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.