Health Tip: Disciplining Your Toddler07/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are fast learners, and they tend to
test their parents' disciplinary skills.
The Nemours Foundation offers these guidelines for warding off
- Give your little one plenty of attention and praise, offering
frequent positive attention for good behavior.
- Feed your child's need for independence by giving him or her
control over small choices, such as what fruit to have with
- Give your child only age-appropriate challenges, games and toys
to avoid frustration. Start with simple challenges first.
- Pick your battles wisely.
- Don't push your child beyond his or her limits, such as by
going on errands when the child is already tired.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.