Health Tip: Help Tame Rosacea Flares07/17/13
(HealthDay News) -- The heat of a barbecue grill can make
rosacea flare, but taking a few precautions can help you tame
The National Rosacea Society offers these suggestions:
- Try not to stand right in front of the grill. Use long-handled
tongs and spatulas.
- Avoid marinades (which may contain ingredients that can
irritate skin), and use herbs and spices to season meat. Or cook
with hickory or mesquite wood chips.
- Stay cool by chewing ice chips, spraying your skin with cool
mist from a water bottle, or keeping a cold, wet towel around your
- Protect yourself from the sun with a wide-brimmed hat.
- Wear sunscreen and take rosacea medication as directed by your
- Ask someone else to grill, if possible.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.