Health Tip: Use Resistance Tubing Safely07/18/13
Resistance tubing is an inexpensive, convenient tool to help you
get needed exercise -- at virtually any location.
The American Council on Exercise mentions these suggestions for
using resistance tubing:
- Inspect tubing to look for any holes or worn areas. Replace if
- Do not use tubing on cement or asphalt, which can cause
- Don't wear sandals or dress shoes while using tubing. Instead,
don a sturdy, comfortable pair of athletic shoes.
- Secure tubing under a foot or anchor before you begin each
- Focus on good posture during your exercise, keeping knees
slightly bent, chest out and abdominal muscles taut.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.