Health Tip: Choose Healthier Chinese Food07/19/13
(HealthDay News) -- Some Chinese dishes are full of fat and
salt, but others may be just as delicious and much healthier.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these examples of
healthier and not-so-healthy Chinese fare:
- Skip fried wontons, and opt for wonton soup or hot-and-sour
- Instead of fried egg rolls, opt for steamed spring rolls.
- Skip the Peking duck and fried rice, and instead order chicken,
scallops or shrimp with vegetables, tofu or a whole steamed
- Skip the fried dim sum in favor of steamed dumplings.
- Avoid dishes that are breaded and deep-fried in favor of
steamed and simmered dishes.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.