Health Tip: Children Are Vulnerable in the Heat07/23/13
(HealthDay News) -- Children are particularly vulnerable to
extreme heat, so it's important to protect them during the hottest
days of summer.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Find an air-conditioned spot where your children can cool down.
If your home isn't air conditioned, find a place where they can go
to cool off, such as a public library.
- Encourage children to drink water regularly, even before they
- Allow for more rest time than usual, as heat can make children
- Have the kids take a cool bath, or use a cool mist spray.
- Never leave children unattended in a vehicle.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.