Health Tip: Keep Germs to Yourself07/24/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a cold, do your part to
prevent spreading the virus to others.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when you cough or
- Promptly throw away any used tissues.
- If you can't get a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow
rather than your hand.
- If necessary, wear a facemask to protect others from
- Frequently wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20
- If soap and water aren't available, clean hands with
alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.