Health Tip: Use Baby Pools Safely07/25/13
(HealthDay News) -- Baby pools can provide cool summertime fun,
but parents should take steps to prevent dangerous accidents.
The Waterandhealth.org website offers this advice about baby
- Never leave a child unattended around a pool, no matter how
little water is in it.
- Adults supervising children who use the pool should be trained
in CPR, and emergency phone numbers should always be nearby.
- Frequently change the water in the pool to prevent buildup of
bacteria and germs.
- Dress children in swim diapers or tightly-fitting pants over
- Always empty the baby pool when not in use.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.