Health Tip: Keep Bed Bugs at Bay07/26/13
(HealthDay News) -- People who travel or buy used furniture
should make sure they haven't brought home any unwanted guests: bed
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers this advice:
- Carefully inspect any second-hand mattress, couch or other
furniture for signs of bed bug infestation before bringing it
- Place a protective cover over your mattress and box spring.
Check the cover often for any tears.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- At a hotel or lodge, place luggage on a rack, rather than on
the floor or bed.
- Inspect the mattress and headboard at a hotel before using the
- Once home, carefully inspect luggage. Unpack directly into the
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.