Health Tip: Help Toddlers Prepare for School08/12/13
(HealthDay News) -- As your child nears school age, you should
focus on developing skills to help ease the transition.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how parents can help
prepare kids for school:
- Teach your child to play well with others, including
discouraging crying and fighting.
- Teach the child to listen well and to be quiet when a story is
- Practice using the potty independently.
- Teach your child how to work with buttons and zippers.
- Teach your child his/her name, address and phone number.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.