Health Tip: When Your Child Is Scared of the Dark08/13/13
(HealthDay News) -- If your child is afraid of the dark, you can
take steps to ease the fears and help your little one feel
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to help comfort the child:
- Talk to the child about these fears, and ask what he or she is
afraid of. Reassure the child that he or she is perfectly
- Explain to your child that mythical creatures are not
- Comfort your child in his or her own bed, rather than bringing
the child into your bed.
- Make sure the pre-bedtime routine is light and happy, without
any frightening books or movies.
- Let your child have security items and a nightlight for
comfort, and reward your child with small treats and plenty of
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.