Health Tip: Enjoy Sausage Safely08/14/13
(HealthDay News) -- Sausage is a popular choice for the summer
grill, and there are many cuts to enjoy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to enjoy
- Look for the "safe food handling" label on the package, stating
the product was properly processed and packaged.
- Before buying, ensure that the sausage is tightly wrapped and
- Buy sausage at the end of the shopping trip, which will help
prevent premature thawing.
- Store fresh sausage in the refrigerator. Eat within four days
if cooked, and within two days if fresh. Freeze at below 0 degrees
- Make sure you cook sausage to an internal temperature of 160
degrees Fahrenheit. Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.