Health Tip: Prepare for Hiking08/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Even hiking to enjoy nature has its rules
and safety precautions.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
offers these tips:
- Make sure you're in good physical shape before tackling a
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going and when, so
you can be reached in case of emergency.
- Hike with at least one buddy.
- Learn to identify and avoid common poisonous plants.
- Learn the safety and behavior rules that apply to the area
where you'll hike.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.