Health Tip: Easing Muscle Soreness09/04/13
(HealthDay News) -- Pushing yourself during a workout can lead
to sore muscles, as their fibers may develop tiny tears.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these
- Gently stretch the muscles.
- Treat your muscles to a gentle massage.
- Apply ice to help minimize inflammation.
- Apply heat to increase blood flow.
- Allow your muscles to rest.
- Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) or a
different type of over-the-counter pain medication.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.