Health Tip: Enjoy a Safe Hot Tub09/09/13
(HealthDay News) -- A hot tub offers the chance to kick back,
relax and soak up some soothing warm bubbles.
But first, it's important to inspect the tub to make sure it's
safe and healthy. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention offers this checklist:
- Make sure the tub his little or no odor, as a heavy chemical
smell indicates a problem with the tub's maintenance.
- Make sure the sides of the tub are smooth, not slippery or
- Make sure you can hear the pump and filtration systems
- Check that the temperature is not hotter than 104 degrees
- Use hot tub testing strips to be sure the chemicals and water
are mixed properly.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.