Health Tip: Coping With Lupus09/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can
cause fatigue and fever to skin rashes and joint pain. There is no
cure, but a healthy lifestyle can help control symptoms.
Womenshealth.gov offers this advice about living with lupus:
- Pace yourself, and avoid pushing yourself too hard. Take breaks
when necessary, and get plenty of rest.
- Find ways to reduce stress, such as by exercising, socializing
- Seek companionship from friends, family and a support
- Talk to your doctor if you struggle with lupus, or worry that
you may be becoming depressed.
- Learn as much as you can about lupus, and take more control of
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.